02 January 2012

Dresser revealed

I am so pleased with the way the dresser turned out. It makes me smile every time I go in or out of the vestibule and I find myself peeking in there multiple times during the day.



It's a little hard to photograph because the outside glass doors let in a lot of light and it causes reflections on the sheen of the paint, which is a satin finish. The knobs look like jewels and the scale is so much better than the original dark wooden knobs.




As a reminder, this is where I started, with the tired, dark nondescript dresser:



I added modern, clear, slightly larger wheels, replacing the small, dark wooden wheels that didn't work very well and kept trying to scratch the floor.



Next up is completing the project that will hang over the dresser. You can see the mounting clips already in place. The mirror is another example of practicing patience, this time waiting for glue to dry. Hopefully tomorrow it will be ready to show off. I'm really excited, it is turning out really well!

6 comments:

Sewfun said...

Looks great! I love the color you picked out. Can't wait to see the project you are working on.

Terry Grant said...

It's beautiful in its new color. I kind of liked the old, funky wood too, though!

Susan Brubaker Knapp said...

Beautiful, cheerful color! It is fun to see old furniture transformed. I pick up lots of stuff on the curb, and refinish it!

sf said...

One word - LOVE!!!!!

Norma Schlager said...

So clean and fresh looking!

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

the clear wheels are cool! though I do love the whole too!