03 December 2007

Happiness is...

42 new colors of Caran d'Ache Neocolor II Wax Pastels. Santa, are you listening??

I seriously love these things. And new colors - my heart's all atwitter. I've used them on fiber postcards, on art quilts and on paper. They're simply scrumptious. They blend beautifully with a little water and a paintbrush and you can add layers and layers of colors.




Earlier this year I made a quilt for Virginia Spiegel's Fiber Art for A Cause reverse auction and the incomparable Tomme Fent bought it. This is a detail of the butterfly on the piece, Muiopotmos, all done with the Neocolors and one continous line of quilting. Yep, one. The background is hand-painted fabric.

2 comments:

Tomme said...

And I LOVE my butterfly piece, too! It hangs in our half-bath upstairs where I get to see it almost daily. (Changed your profile, I see. Nice picture. I had to look up "hoyden.")

Samantha said...

I love the butterfly!