11 February 2008

Illustration Friday - choose

cotton fabric, cotton thread, acrylic ink, stamped letters and acrylic paint on 6" x 6" stretched canvas

I'm not sure what my thought process was here. "Choose" brought to mind menus and choosing a meal (of course the fabric has recipes on it, not a menu, but it represents a menu in my head), plus the either/or, positive/negative embodied by the half-and-half flower. I stamped the word "go" over everything as I often have trouble coming to quick decisions, finding myself thinking, and re-thinking and over-thinking instead of just deciding or choosing and moving on. So, I'm GOing with this as choose. Ha.

4 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

This is great! At first I thought the background was an old newspaper. I've never seen fabric like this.

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

you're in the spring form of mind here.. lovely!

Isabelle said...

Very nice, love the graphic quality.
Congrats!

San said...

love the style! nice work.