22 February 2008

Illustration Friday - multiple


cotton fabric, acrylic ink, acrylic metallic paint, found object paper, mulberry paper, stamped letters, printed, transfered letters and gel medium on 6" x 6" stretched canvas

I wanted to celebrate the spectacular lunar eclipse that we watched earlier this week. I stamped and transferred luna on a batiked fabric multiple times. The Luna moth is cut from a child's vintage textbook that my friend Julie let me choose pages from recently. Of course, I picked pages with insects.

10 comments:

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Very beautiful! Nature is really amazing.

NANCY LEFKO said...

just beautiful...luna moths are so special...you have done a lovely piece here.

Hanna Whiteman said...

Lovely soft feel, who says beige is boring!?

Diane Perin said...

Jane,
This composition is, as all of yours are, lovely and striking. It has great simplicity and elegance to it. But I mainly wanted to say that I check your blog regularly and am ALWAYS inspired by your work.

Diane

ren said...

I really like your way with images...and thanks for looking and commenting on mine. funny where we find saqa members, eh?

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

the luna is lovely...

Timothy Hunt said...

What a beautiful piece. I really enjoyed looking at your other collages as well.

Thanks for your comments!

zime said...

Que hermosa!! Very beautiful!!
(^v^)

shannonjyl said...

we watched it too!
beautiful work!

Vivien Zepf said...

It was a very inspiring sight; your quilt is just as beautiful.