02 May 2008

13 Nightingale Lane

Ta da! Here's the completed house. Every year I issue the women who work in our shop a challenge. We've had some interesting ones -- collaborative journals, based on art movements, using found objects, etc. This year the challenge was inspired by Angela Cartwright's book In This House. We each made a house out of fabric with either batting or Fast2Fuse inside the walls. There are five houses on display at the Country Quilter during the Northern Star Quilter's show this weekend. They are all different and all wonderful.








13 Nightingale Lane

I plan to disassemble the house after the show and make it into a fiber book, probably with grommets at the sides. That way I can store it flat and still open it up into a 3D house. Now I have to think of something for a new challenge.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your house. And I really wish I were coming down for the Somers show. I checked in too late to submit anything. Maybe next year.
Lynne

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! i love it. wouldn't it be lovely to see a whole neighborhood of textile houses?

Terry Grant said...

I love your house--so serene. I made a house a year or so ago. It was such a challenge and so much fun to do. See it here: http://andsewitgoes.blogspot.com/2007/01/housefinished.html

Terry Grant said...

Darn it. The link didn't work. See my house here: http://andsewitgoes.blogspot.com/2007/01/housefinished.html

mzjohansen said...

As always, your work delights!

mzjohansen said...

Oh ! I like Judy's idea of a textile village. That would be such fun.

Margeeth said...

Think your house is great.

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

it's beautiful! can't wait to see it in person... oh and i really like the idea of a neighborhood of textile houses... hmm.. sounds like a challenge to me..

Candied Fabrics said...

This is just lovely! Do you have any detail shots of the inside? How did you actually assemble it - by hand?

Gerrie said...

This is wonderful. I love the whimsy of using your lovely fabric designs.

Sherryl said...

This is tres cool. A whole village together would be such fun. I hope you had fun playing!

rebecca christiansen said...

Wonderful!!! I just love your color choices and composition. I could look at this for hours online (drooling of course), I imagine it's even better in person. Thanks for sharing!

http://justgiddy.typepad.com

Jane LaFazio said...

Just gorgeous! I too, would love to see a pick of the village. And do keep us posted on what your house looks like as a book. I have done this project with my art quilt classes, and I love it. Though I must say, your house is really really beautiful.